We’ve just finished a brand new patch with great new content! The biggest changes are new final levels, fire propagation, and two new defensive abilities.
0.8.15 Alpha Released!
As our focus has been towards the final few chapters of the game, Greg put together a 10-minute video showing gameplay on Chapter 5.
At long last, the final battle awaits an intrepid Fictorum at the Inquisition Citadel: The showdown with the Grand Inquisitor. We’re still finalizing, balancing, and awaiting many of the assets for the area, but there is now an end to the story.
Chip spent some time working on how magical fire propagates and spreads through structures. Here’s a video of it in action:
Spells and Abilities
Haven: This ability is great for isolating an area from incoming projectiles. It will absorb a moderate amount of damage until it falters.
Phalanx: A powerful defensive ability, Phalanx completely protects the caster from frontal attacks while the spell is maintained.
New Corrupted Hulk Model
We’ve been working with Ben Frazier again to create a new model for our Corrupted Hulk. We think he looks great!
Bugs Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- Destroy quest indicator is shown properly
- The third person camera will behave significantly better while in buildings
- The starting position for shaping runes is now displayed on the inventory screen and updates depending on gear equipped
- The aegis will no longer sound as soon as the level starts
- Fixed a bug that would prevent selling or buying runes when an ability slot is selected
- Flying enemies and the Corrupted Lich will be hit by their own spells much less frequently
- Enchanting will no longer combine passives from items
- Toggling shaping right after releasing an area spell will no longer lock spellcasting
- Slow Time now properly has a cooldown and mana cost
- Fixed two trees that would not switch to a destructible mesh
- Sell hotkeys will work significantly better
- Armor will no longer remain on the character while Show Character Mesh in First-Person View is off
- In-game weather will behave significantly better
- The title menu has been improved and will remember many settings from a prior playthrough
- Quests will now go to the next chapter when appropriate
- Indicators will now be shown in the upper left for runes used in a runeset
- Mana regeneration will continue while Invigorate is being cast
- The chapter map will be displayed more quickly after generation
- Interact actions (looting, opening doors, drinking health potions) will now only activate the closest interaction.
- Guard quest indicators will properly stay on townsfolk until they are killed
- There will be substantially less lag after a level has loaded
- Movement animation has been slightly improved for the Fictorum
- Newly found items are automatically equipped if an appropriate slot is available
We’ll be hosting our next Twitch stream on 3/7 at 8pm PT—We hope to see you there! Here is last week’s stream in case you missed it:
Talk to you next time! Updates can come straight to you by subscribing to our newsletter below: