Greetings, fellow sorcerers—We have even more fantastic features and improvements to Fictorum that we’re sharing with you this week! The most notable of these are the addition of two new save slots, The Void for reviewing fallen characters, and a new Corrupted Shambler character model.
Fictorum 0.8.7 Patch Notes
We now have three different slots available for save games!
One of the things that we’ve been meaning to implement for a long time is a way to track information about your previous playthroughs to review the player history and inventory. We finally got around to creating this! Once a hardcore player dies, the character is saved to “The Void,” once there, the character’s equipment and history can be reviewed.
New Corrupted Shambler Character Model
We’ve been working with Ben Frazier to create a new character model for the Corrupted Shambler. We’ve just finished implementing this new lil guy into our game!
Event Choice Icons
For those of you who want to know all of the potential outcomes from a choice (or want a TL;DR version of the event), we now have icons that will appear in event choices that can warn you from or entice you into making a certain choice. This option is off by default, but it can be changed within the Settings menu.
Enemies will now be able to throw rocks at you if they are unable to reach your current location!
Here are a few screenshots of Greg’s latest and greatest level.
Bug fixes and Minor Enhancements
- You can now view the equipment of a starting title using the Show Inventory button on the Start New Game screen
- Level load progress is now tracked in the loading screen
- Inquisition paladins and bandits will now throw rocks at the Fictorum if they cannot reach him
- The player camera should now respond better to grass and nearby destructibles
- NPCs in ragdoll will now scream when they are falling from a high distance
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally create an interactable store without a vendor
- Flaming/freezing/thunder arrows fired from marksmen now damage buildings and destructible objects and can potentially knock down the Fictorum
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the Fictorum from getting up after being knocked down
- Resolved a minor collision issue within the Desert Castle map
- Lich corruption balls are now have a shorter range and an increased cooldown
- Corrupted AI has been improved, most notably movement of the Corrupted Assassins
- Candles will now properly display a particle effect
- Fixed a bug that would allow the player to jump on the world map
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally crash the game when frozen spears collide with watchtowers
- The random merchant event will now give a guaranteed rare item for 40 essence
- Candles, braziers, and torches should have significantly better performance
We are not anticipating a whole lot of changes in the coming weeks as we will be spending time with our families for Thanksgiving, but perhaps this will tie you over in the meantime…
Greg will still be hosting a solo Twitch stream on Tuesday, November 29th at 8PM PT. We hope to see you there!
Talk to you next time! Updates can come straight to you by subscribing to our newsletter below: